Tuesday, October 24, 2023

How to Make Balloon Swan


 First let's make the neck with the head and the beak.

Buy balloons on Amazon (paid link): 
 Buy an air pump on Amazon (paid link): 
















This part of the swan looks the same as the letter S.
Or $ sign or the part of the body that makes one of my previous how-to videos rated 18+
Some reddit mods got mad and deleted my post claiming that all balloons meant for kids.
You don't have to be old to understand the humor of it :)
Hmm...I may need to make a video explanation for those full of hypocrisy mods to explain the meaning of art.

Well anyway, here we are making the beak.
When you make the S or whatever we call it, you would force the flat end inside of the bubble.

However, to make the beak, we have to leave the flat end protruding out a couple cm or so.




Just like this.
That is only the difference.

Now we can shape the neck whatever shape we want.

I think ? mark would be the best description of the shape I want for my swan.
Though, you can call it whatever you want - I am not going to rate it :)

Now let's use another balloon for making the body of the swan.








It's a classical two bubbles body.



Now we have to attach the neck to the body.

Twist a small bubble at the bottom of the neck.

Lock this bubble between bubbles of the body.


Congratulations!
 We have made the balloon swan!
You can keep it as it is.



Or you can paint the beak and the eyes to make it even prettier.
First I paint the base using white correction fluid.

Painting the base makes all colors look much nicer. 
And that is the whole point of painting - don't skip on it!
Let the white base dry out completely before painting on top of it.



Oh-oh! Someone is getting impatient waiting for the swan!

I prefer to use dry erase markers for painting.
The permanent markers are more permanent on kids' hands and clothes than on balloons :)
I use a red marker to paint the beak.
Though, kids are much more creative in picking colors :)
So, you may want to consult with your client about the "proper" colors.

Here is the beak.
Take a closer look.

Painting takes more time for me than making the whole sculpture.

Let's use a black marker to paint the rest of the head.
Or you can paint just eyes with one line like this.
It looks cute to me.

I think the swan looks gorgeous!




Have fun and happy balloons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment